Reafforestation Policy At Kimakia Forest Station

No Thumbnail Available
Date
1979
Authors
Dyson W.G
Journal Title
Journal ISSN
Volume Title
Publisher
Abstract
Kimakia Forest Station was opened in 1956 with the object of replacing 2,025 ha of indigenous bamboo forest with uniform plantations Of exotic coniferous trees between 1957 and 1968. Gatare Forest Station, 5 km to the north, was opened simultaneously with a similar planting programme; the combined 5,000 ha of plantations was planned to contribute to the national softwood planting target of 122,000 ha to be established by 1980 (Dyson, 1958).
Description
Keywords
Citation
East African Agricultural And Forestry Journal, 43 (Special Issue), p. 152-154