The State Of Soil Survey, Soil Testing and Soil Conservation in Kenya1.

No Thumbnail Available
Date
1985
Authors
Journal Title
Journal ISSN
Volume Title
Publisher
Kenya Soil Survey
Abstract
Agriculture has been and continues to be the mainstay of the Kenyan economy. The agricultural sector has to feed a rapidly growing population whose growth rate is estimated at 4% per annum and produce export crops to sustain the economy. The task is a major one considering that only about 20% of the country is suitable for rainfed crop production while the remaining 80% cannot support arable farming without irrigation or can only support extensive livestock production.
Description
Keywords
Citation