Seed Strategy the seed potato bottleneck in Eastern and central Africa

No Thumbnail Available
Date
2008
Authors
Journal Title
Journal ISSN
Volume Title
Publisher
Kenya Agricultural Research Institute
Abstract
The project 'Tackling the food price crisis in eastern and central Africa with the humble potato: Enhanced I productivity and uptake through the '3G' revolution"-popularly referred to as "3G" (three generations)-was implemented in Kenya, Rwanda, and Uganda from 1 October 2008 to 30 June 2011 , was funded by the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID). USAID awarded the International Potato Center (CIP) a grant for I US $2 million in September 2008 out of which Kenya received about 80% and the remaining 20% shared by Uganda and Rwanda. Led by Project Executing Agency, CIP, the project was implemented in partnership with National Potato Programs, Ministry of Agriculture (MoA). international and local nongovernmental organizations I (NGOs), farmers associations, and a range of private sector partners
Description
Keywords
Citation
Collections