Coffee Research Foundation Annual Report 1972/1973

No Thumbnail Available
Date
1972/1973
Authors
Journal Title
Journal ISSN
Volume Title
Publisher
Coffee Research Station
Abstract
The Coffee Research Services in Kenya commenced with the appointment of the first Government Entomologist in 1908. A few coffee experimental plots were established at Kabete and Kibos Experimental Farms in 1910-12. The Coffee Research Team gradually increased with the appointment of a Mycologist in 1913 and a Coffee Plant Inspector from Jamaica in 1914. In 1944 the Kenya Government bought Jacaranda Estate near Ruiru as a centre for coffee research, much of the money originally required for the construction and equipping the laboratories and buildings being provided by the British Colonial Development and Welfare Fund. The Coffee Research Station was completed by the end of 1949, although many field trials had been initiated in 1946 and 1947. Three Substations were later established in principal coffee growing areas, these being Kisii (1957), Meru (1958) and Koru (1959). The Agricultural Experiment Station at Kitale was also used for coffee experiments between 1938 and 1967.
Description
Keywords
Citation
Collections