National Agricultural Research Centre Muguga 1990 Annual Report

No Thumbnail Available
Date
1990
Authors
Journal Title
Journal ISSN
Volume Title
Publisher
Ministry Of Agriculture
Abstract
The National Agricultural Research Centre (NARC) Muguga is the largest of all KARl centres. The centre succeeded the former East African Agriculture and Forestry Research Organization (EAAFRO) which was established in 1947. EAAFRO was administered by and formed a department of the East African Common Services Organization (EACSO) during 1961-1966 and (EAC) during 1967-1977. Between 1948 and 1950 the research activities which were being carried out at the Agricultural Research Institute at Amani Tanzania were moved to Muguga. The laboratories and administration block were opened in 1958 under the management of EAAFRO. In 1953 the East African Veterinary Research Organization (EA VRO) joined the Muguga complex. With the collapse of the EAC in 1977 and the subsequent establishment of KARl under the Science and Technology (Amendment) Act in 1979, the former EAAFRO and EA VRO were administered together under the old KARl.
Description
Keywords
Citation
Collections